Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Developments

I have two new developments to report that relate to the kinds of things that I try to do on this blog:

First, as I noted a couple of weeks ago, I have begun a radio show with my friend and colleague Mike Butterworth that runs from 2:00-4:00 p.m. (Eastern time) on WBGU, which is 88.1 FM on your radio dial in the Bowling Green, Ohio, area and can be found online at wbgufm.com. After a month and a half or so on the air, we've finally come up with a name for the show: After Further Review. Mike explains the rationale for this name on this post on his blog, The Agon.

And, speaking of The Agon, Mike has invited me, along with some other colleagues who study sport communication (Dan Grano, from the University of North Carolina, Charlotte; Abe Khan, from the University of South Florida; and Korryn Mosizek, from Indiana University), to contribute to The Agon, which is a blog that focuses on "rhetorical contests of sports, politics, and culture." I will still be posting here about sports, particularly as sports connect to personal experience, but you'll also be able to read some of my thoughts on sports at The Agon as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ray! Back on Radio! You were the reason why I became a DJ in the first place back at WFAL.