Sunday, April 26, 2009

Remembering Bea Arthur

As I’m sure many of you know already, Bea Arthur passed away at the age of 86 on Friday, April 25. She’s most known for her leading roles in Maude and The Golden Girls, but there are two clips that stand out to me in remembering Arthur. First is her contribution to Comedy Central’s roast of Pamela Anderson in 2005, which can be seen here. In this clip, Arthur has me laughing silly. I think it demonstrates just how good Arthur was at comedic performance. Second is her skit on the Star Wars Holiday Special back in 1978, which can be seen here. The entire venture of that holiday special reeks with goofiness. Arthur’s performance, including her bit alongside Harvey Korman, who passed away last year, fits right in.

I think the acting world has lost a great one.

No comments: