Friday, October 30, 2009

World Series could mar Philly transit negotiations

I know, I know ... There hasn't been much on this blog lately. Please stick in there my 3 or 4 (dare I hope 5?) regular visitors. There will be more to come, hopefully soon. The semester has got me running ragged.

I do, though, have a short post for today. On ESPN.com the front webpage link to a story titled "Strike could mar Philly transit services" reads "Philly sports weekend clouded by transit talks." Don't both the title of the piece and the title of the link reflect something rather profound regarding the position of labor in contemporary United States society. At the very least, they suggest that big-time sports rank higher as a priority. Imagine if these read "World Series could mar Philly transit negotiations" and "Transit talks clouded by Philly sports weekend," respectively ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently rode the Philly transit system. The transit workers seemed like people a person would want to work alongside.