Thursday, October 1, 2009

I've Often Wondered ...

At the end of most of his Forde Yard Dash columns, ESPN's Pat Forde recommends a place to eat from a town that he visited the weekend before while reporting on college football. I've sometimes wondered, while reading his column, what place in Bowling Green, Ohio, he would pick if he ever did so. Well, this week, I received my answer, since Forde came to the BGSU-Boise State game this past Saturday (which I also attended). As Forde wrote on Tuesday, "When thirsty in the bucolic burgh of Bowling Green, Ohio, The Dash recommends a beer at Campus Quarters (40), an energetic joint across the street from Doyt Perry Stadium and the Bowling Green campus in general. The excessive country music in the place is offset nicely by a good beer selection, and it has indoor corn toss." So, there we have it: Campus Quarters, right on Wooster, just across from the Harshman Quandrangle. I guess it makes sense. It's down by the stadium area, it's a local place rather than a national or regional chain, and it has been around awhile. Now, if only DiBenedetto's hadn't just moved last spring from their same old location a couple doors down from Quarters, maybe my favorite sandwich place would have made the column instead ...

No comments: